In this unit, you will design a needs analysis survey in the form of a Word document for 1 of the following positions:
- Human resource generalist
- Customer service representative
In the document, please include the questions you would ask to perform a(n):
- Organizational analysis
- Job analysis
- Individual analysis
To help you identify the type of work each of these functions performs, check out the Occupational Outlook Handbook published by the U.S. Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics (using the resources in course materials). Perform your search by job title (such as sales representative) or by using an alphabetical search.
After you finish creating your survey, answer the following questions in the same document.
- How will you use your survey (individual interviews, focus groups, and self-administered questionnaires? (You may administer different parts of the needs analysis to different groups or use different methods.
- Explain your reasoning for why you will collect data in this way? (What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods?)
- Why would a human resources development specialist conduct a needs analysis?