Week 8: The Future of (Global) Supply Chain Management
View Full Description
Consider a supply chain for an organization you are familiar with.
- How could the organization create more value for its stakeholders?
- Which of the four future freight flows should it prepare itself for?
- What should the organization do to prepare for the future flow(s)?
Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 250 words. Please post more than 2 reply responses of 100 or more words to your classmates or the instructor. Responses should be a minimum of 100 words and include direct questions. Please review the attached rubric for more details on the forum requirements.
Initial Post Due: Thursday, 11:55 p.m., ET
Responses Due: Sunday, 11:55 p.m., ET
Initial responses to the discussion board postings should include the following three elements at a minimum:
(1) Your original opinion or thought about the question.
(2) Evidence that backs up your point of view
(3) Demonstration that you are connecting the dots, that you are using critical analysis skills. Two ways to do this are by providing examples that relate to your life/work or providing an analogy that relates to the discussion topic.
Substantive responses to classmates should include at a minimum the following three elements:
(1) Your answer or item of interest relating to another student’s posting
(2) Evidence or facts or analysis that leads you in a new direction
(3) A reference to the post to which you are referring.
The key requirement is to support your analysis using the terms, concepts, and theories from the required readings in order to demonstrate to me that you understand the material.
The real value in the Forum comes from your application of the required readings and how you assess your classmates’ perceptions of that knowledge. I encourage you to insert your opinions and real world experiences just as you would in a face to face classroom.
One of the great benefits of online discussions is that students from diverse cultures and backgrounds can share different perspectives and learn from one another. It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with your classmate(s) but you must respond in a courteous and respectful manner that enhances the learning process for everyone by using the terms, models, theories, and concepts contained in the required readings. For example, “Joe, I disagree (or I agree) with your position on Bill’s leadership style because – – -.”
Please refrain from critiquing the structure or spelling of your classmates’ posts – that is the job of the instructor.
Your responses to your classmates are due as soon as possible, but not later than Sunday evening of the week that the Forum Question opens. Forum posts made after the current week is over will not be given credit. Keep in mind, the earlier you are able to post, the further the discussion can develop.
You may respond multiple times to a Forum as a continuous discussion with points and counter points.