Assignment 3: Case Study 3 (Week 8) – Using Kaltura
Part I: The Case Study link below is for the Case Study 3. Read and study the case and address each of the questions at the end of the study. In addressing each of the questions, create a Power Point presentation to include the following:
- – Problem
- – Identify and describe alternative solutions
- – Justify your recommendations for EACH question
Part II: In addition to the Power Point presentation, a 10-15 minute video will be required using Kaltura. In this video you will summarize your findings from your Powerpoint. This part of the assignment will provide the visual presentation of the case study.
Instructions: Attach two files to the Case Study #3 assignment: 1) Power Point presentation (.ppt or .pptx file) and 2) Kaltura video. To access Kaltura, click on the “sun” icon on the toolbar above this text box.
Attached are Kaltura guides to assist you in completing this assignment. If you have questions or concerns in completing Part II, please contact me via Messages.
Managing Supply Chain Complexity in a Tea Manufacturing Company
Abstract In this case we present issues facing supply chain management in a tea manufacturing company. The company manages two types of products, ready-to-drink jasmine tea and ready-to-drink fruity tea, each having different complexity issues in their supply chain management processes. The case explains characteristics of the products, the supply chain structures and the nature of demand. The case is expected to facilitate discussions of various supply chain concepts such as the bullwhip effect, supply chain coordination and vertical integration versus outsourcing.
1. Make a diagram showing the supply chain configuration of Tehindo as well as the flow of products and information within the supply chain.
2. Compare the bottled Goteh and Fteh in terms of challenges in managing their supply chain processes.
3. Discuss the causes of temporary demand (and order) increases in this supply chain.
4. If you were the supply chain manager of this company, what would be your suggestions in the second meeting?
5. How does information distortion happen in this supply chain, and what would be your suggestions to reduce it?
6. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration and outsourcing for Tehindo