Option #1: APA-Formatted Paper
For this assignment, you will write a paper explaining the purpose and importance of APA in academic research and writing, including the benefits of the formatting standards, the global relevance of these standards, APA’s potential to help you as a researcher, and your own plan for how you will use APA throughout your coursework in order to become the best academic writer you can be.
Your paper should:
- Be 3-4 pages in length, not including title page or reference page.
- Conform to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- Include a minimum of three references; you may use sources from this session’s reading and the interactive lecture for these references.
- Include in-text citations and a reference page as required by APA and illustrated in the Sample Paper. You may use the APA Paper Template to format your paper.
- Adhere to the standards laid out in the rubric, which can be found in the Module 1 folder.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember, the CSU-Global Library is a great place to find scholarly sources. There is also an informative video that shows how to produce high-quality writing assignments in the Online Research and Writing Lab. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.