Option #1: Writing a Research Paper: Corporate Social Responsibility
Research a “for-profit” company that engages in corporate social responsibility initiatives. Examine the company’s initiatives, assess the impact the initiatives have on society as well as the company’s success, and persuade the reader to patronize the business.
Need ideas for a company to research? Here are some examples, but don’t feel you need to limit yourself to these: TOMS, Nike, Este Lauder, PepsiCo, Starbucks, KONG, Mattel, IKEA, BP, Unilever. The International Business Guideavailable in the CSU-Global Library, particularly the tab on Company Research, is a good place to start your research on the company you have selected.
Your paper must include the following:
- An abstract
- An academic introduction that states the thesis
- A body with APA Level 1 headings and Level 2 subheadings
- An academic conclusion
- A reference page
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length, not including title page and reference page.
- Conform to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- Include a minimum of three references from peer-reviewed journals with at least one of those references from a peer-reviewed journal from outside the U.S.
- Include in-text citations and a reference page as required by APA and illustrated in the Sample Paper. You may use the APA Paper Templateto format your paper.
- Adhere to the standards laid out in the rubric, which can be found in the Module 2 folder.
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember, the CSU-Global Library is a great place to find scholarly sources. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.