Change Management Proposal
Since the health care environment is constantly changing and transforming, the ability to manage and adapt to change is essential in health care organizations. Change, whether prompted internally or externally or perceived positively or negatively, can be unsettling, making it crucial that health care administrators understand the change process. From implementation planning to effectively communicating with employees and managing conflicts, administrators must be prepared to manage change within their organizations. For this Assignment, you examine an organization undergoing change and develop a change management proposal.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Locate and select an organization where change is currently taking place (or is scheduled to take place).
- Analyze the organization to develop a change management proposal.
In a 7- to 10-page proposal, address the following:
- Describe the specific organization including size, mission, and location. Describe the change that is taking place (or is scheduled to take place) in the organization.
- Analyze what is driving the change to take place.
- Given the parameters of the change, summarize the resistance or conflict you might expect and why.
- Evaluate change management theories and models and select one to apply to the change occurring in the organization. Support why you selected this theory or model.
- Apply systems thinking to address the impact of the change throughout the organization.
- Recommend strategies and innovations that could be implemented to effect the organizational change and provide rationale for the recommendations.
- Explain the role that communication will play in your plan. Analyze how communication could be used to handle concerns and doubts of stakeholders.
- Recommend strategies you will use to motivate stakeholders and prepare them to accept, embrace, and sustain the change. Categorize key groups that you anticipate will require targeted motivation strategies.
- Recommend training and support required for the successful implementation of the organizational change.
- Recommend strategies for sustaining an organizational change.
- Explain how stakeholders are involved in and held accountable for the organizational change.
- Recommend ways to measure the success of the organizational change and when transformational change has occurred.
Note: The change management proposal should be 7–10 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Include graphs or charts and a 1-page executive summary. Your Assignment must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and at least three additional scholarly sources. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct. See the rubric for additional requirements related to research and scholarly writing.
( resources must be citied in paper)
Borkowski, N. (2016). Organizational behavior, theory, and design in health care (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Chapter 4, “Workplace Communication”
- Chapter 13, “Decision Making”
- Chapter 14, “Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills”
- Chapter 18, “Organization Development”
- Chapter 19, “Managing Resistance to Change”