1 document with a chart, 200-300 words
The CEO has asked you and Jane to create a chart that he might use as part of his decision process in deciding what countries in which to locate overseas factories. He also wants an accompanying recommendation summary from an HR perspective.
- Prepare a 6-column, 5-row chart for the following countries and parameters:
- Columns (countries) are:
- Rows (factors to research) for each country are:
- Average manufacturing wage
- Country’s minimum wage
- Typical restrictive work rules where there are unions
- How unions enhance or detract from company results
- Country’s unemployment rate
- It is unlikely that you will find all of the necessary data in one online database. Instead, you will have to research a number of different ones.
- In addition, in some cases you may have to make calculations from a “base=100” report to get an actual dollar figure.
- Ensure that you cite the references used, in proper APA format.
- Wikipedia is an unacceptable reference
- For minimum wages, try one of the following sites:
- For unemployment percentages try the following site:
- Your recommendation summary should explain which country you recommend for the future overseas expansion, based solely on the HR in your chart.