Directions for Measurement Exercise: Read the article posted on Moodle in the Week Three Assignments section and answer the questions below (also available on Moodle). Upload the answers to the drop box on Moodle by the due date in the course syllabus.
Questions for Leighton and Scholl (2009) article
“Leighton, K., & Scholl, K. (2009, SEPTEMBER). Simulated codes: Understanding the response of undergraduate nursing students. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, VOL(5). doi:10.1016/j.ecns.2009.05.058″
- What level of measurement is used on the quantitative instrument (questionnaire) described in the Methods section on p. 189?
- What concerns would you have with the statement, “Reliability and validity were not established for the questionnaire” as stated on p. 189?
- What kind of statistics are used in table 1?
- In table 2 on p. 190, what does M and SD mean?
- Which statistical test was run to compare the confidence levels of those who had no CPR experience to those who had CPR experience?
- Which statistical test was run to compare the confidence levels of subjects before and after the simulated clinical experience (SCE)?
- Was there a statistically significant difference between confidence levels before and after the SCE? How do you know?
- Prior to the SCE was there a statistically significant difference between confidence levels of those who had CPR experience and those who did not? How do you know?
- What is your opinion of the appropriateness of the statistics used by the researchers?