For this assignment, you will interview with an individual who works as a financial officer in a healthcare or health-related institution. It could be a hospital department, an ambulatory facility, a long-term care facility, a health insurance company or managed care organization, an emergency management department, in health information systems, or in a home health or hospice, or health insurance company.
Your paper should be 4 pages in length excluding cover page and references. You should note the following:
- Follow the APA format
- Do not use question and answer format for me
- See grading rubric for guidance
- Include all aspects of the interview questions as listed below.
- Cite your sources. At least cite the textbook and other external sources.
- Describe the department or facility you have chosen and nature of work done in the facility
- Any interesting information related to your chosen department or facility you would like to share.
Personnel to be interviewed most be ONE of the following:
- The Administrator
- The Financial Director
- The Accountant
- The Business Office comptroller.
As an aspiring Healthcare Management Professional. Express your appreciation to the chosen personnel for helping you with your interview project by answering the questions below: If she prefers to be anonymous, no problem with that.
- What department is he/she working?
- What are his/her primary duties?
- What are the qualifications needed to function in this position, including educational qualifications?
- Who are the clients?
- What can be done from her perspective to market the services they provide?
- Why was licensure required for his/her job if any?
- Are there other areas he/she can function effectively? If so where?
- Has the Affordable Care Act has any effect on healthcare from his/her perspective? If yes how?
- Ask for any advice he/she could give you in you as an aspiring healthcare manager.
You will then summarize your interview and cite your references.