ALL ASSESSMENTS + ASSIGNMENTS SOLUTIONS
- Define and differentiate property law, tort law, family law, contract law, and criminal law.
- Clarify and explain the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 14th Amendments, and discuss their relationship to our constitutional rights as they relate to the court system.
- How did the federal courts develop historically?
- What have been the recent developments in state courts?
- How do drug courts operate, and what are some common features of these courts?
- Describe the bail process and the different types of bail.
- What issues surround the discovery process?
Discuss the four ethical dilemmas defense attorneys face. How should each be handled in your opinion?
- What constitutes effective counsel? What are examples of ineffective counsel?
- State the steps in entering a guilty plea. What are the consequences of entering a guilty plea?
- How did plea bargaining develop?
Unit IV PowerPoint Presentation
Unit IV discussed judges. To learn more about these individuals who are involved in the court system, select and research a judge who is currently serving on the courts in your state or local area. You are required to use at least four sources for this assignment (at least one should be from the CSU Online Library). Other sources could include newspapers, magazines, or professional journals.
Your research could include:
- the background and education of the judge,
- how the judge was selected for the court in which he or she presides,
- the training of the judge,
- challenges the judge has faced in his or her career (this could involve a particular case that was a challenge),
- recent cases, or
- your opinion whether this judge was adequately prepared for the position.
Present your research in a PowerPoint Presentation of at least 10 slides (not including the title and references slides). All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA style.
Unit VII Article Review
This assignment, an Article Review, will assist you in thinking critically about sentencing in the United States. To begin this assignment, please access the CSU Online Library and select an article. This article should be from a professional or scholarly journal. Additionally, the article selected should be no more than four years old.
Upon selecting the article, please complete an Article Review. The review should include the following,
- A summary of the article (1/2-1 page).
- Summarize the main points which the author discusses.
- Identify the main argument.
- This summary should provide background for the analysis you provide (see below).
- An analysis of the article.
- This is the most important part of the review and should be most of your paper.
- In this section, you should show that you not only read the article, but also that you are thinking critically about it.
- Think about the following when analyzing this article:
- Is the argument clear and organized?
- Is evidence presented, more than simply opinion?
- Is the argument logical, does it make sense?
- Does the argument match with what you know of the topic?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is the argument convincing? Why or why not?
- Is the argument conventional, controversial, boring, safe, etc.?
- What suggestions do you have for the author to improve the argument? Did he/she forget to add any significant information (if so, what)?
- Is this useful for those who study this topic? Why and how?
The completed review should be at least three pages in length (not including the title and references pages). All sources used must be cited and referenced according to APA style.
Unit VIII Essay
Summarize the historical beginnings of the juvenile justice system. How have U.S. Supreme Court decisions been especially influential in the juvenile courts?
Your response should be at least 500 words in length (not including the title and references pages). You are required to use your textbook and at least one outside source in your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA style.