1. Select an agency that primarily works with adolescents. Choose an agency that works with persons who are experiencing the issue you have selected to research. Examples of agencies could include, but are not limited to; schools, private treatment facilities, prevention coalitions, juvenile justice facilities, aspects of foster care or CPS, youth groups, residential treatment, and other organizations, etc… If you have questions regarding the agency you have chosen just ask me.
2. Arrange an (in person) interview and tour with either a social worker at that agency or a person that works directly with the program you are reviewing.
3. Information gathered needs to include:
- Name of agency
- Location of agency
- Physical description of agency (Be very detailed)
- Name, title, and educational background of person interviewed
- Agency Mission Statement and Goals
- Agency Vision Statement (if one exists)
- Primary population served and issues addressed
- Include details such as: eligibility requirements, age range of clients, average socioeconomic status of client, time frame that services are rendered, voluntary or involuntary clients, ethnicities of clients
- Brief history of how agency came to be
- Basic funding
- Fees for service
- Parental involvement required?
More information is better. Be detailed and organized. Please organize this paper in sections. This project is research. Approach it with that in mind. This paper should be at least 3-5 pages in length.
All info is present. The paper is well organized. It contains details and shows that the student researched the facility thoroughly. It is clear that the student made the most of the tour and interview. The paper contains no grammatical mistakes, and is written in a professional manner.
All info is present. The paper is organized. Details included show that the facility and interviewee were researched well. The student made full use of the experience. There are some grammatical mistakes. The paper is written in a professional manner.
Most of the info is present. The paper is organized. Details show that the facility was toured and an interview was conducted. There are some grammatical mistakes. The paper is written in a professional manner.
Most of the info is present. The paper is not as well organized. Some details are missing. There are some grammar mistakes. The paper is written in a professional manner.
Don’t forget that there will be 1 point deducted for each day the paper is late!